Lateral and Parallel thinking in Raji's blog

The wonderful world infront of my eyes...

Friday, September 23, 2005

NConnect..simple thought

Some thoughts on NConnect.. I have been thinking about this for sometime now here it goes..

This application can be used to connect friends or in general by anybody for voting/polling.

Use Case: Invite friends
------------------------------------
Suppose I want to invite my friends for a movie - I will invite the friends through this software. My friends can in turn accept/deny the invitation (similar to what u have in outlook). I can visually see a consolidated view (Whenever I select this view - a synchronisation protocol will run in the background) which shows the name of my
1) Friend,
2) Status of invitation (accept/deny/tentative)

Variation 'A' for this use case: The software can be linked to calendar application. Suppose I invite 5 of my friends for a movie on 2nd October - I will set for a recurrence alarm on 3pm Oct 1st and 3pm Oct 2nd. My friends will get these alarm alerts from the software.

Variation 'B' for this use case: The software can also be linked to the Contacts application. This way through the software I can select my friends list who will receive the invitation from my phone book.

Variation 'C' for this use case: This can be combined with location services. Now my friends have got the invitation, arrived at the venue (shopping complex or movie hall). Now, as soon as they arrive, I will also get an alert that they have reached the movie theatre and are quite near to where I am.

Variation 'D' for this use case: Since I have invited, I will also be on the attendee list and I can cancel the invitation through cancel option. In this case, all entries on the attendee list will get an alert (let the others who have accepted, go ahead and watch the movie)

Advantage: I don't have to make repeated calls/message to remind my friends.
I get to see the consolidated attendee list with their decisions. My friends do not have to give any lame excuses, they simply have to accept or deny or use the custom buttons. Any time my friends can change their decision and they don't have to call me or message me of their decision.

Use Case: For voting
-----------------------------
Suppose a TV serial producer wants to know the opinion of its viewers, all it has to do is to create voting buttons through the application. This can be custom buttons too. For e.g. say The Friends TV Serial producer wants to know from its viewers which actor/actress they like best. There will be four buttons with the names of actors, the viewer selects one of the options.

The options entered by all viewers will now go a central server and consolidated opinion list is delivered(through synchronization) to the TV serial operator.

Variations : Can be used for any voting/polling applications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home