Lateral and Parallel thinking in Raji's blog

The wonderful world infront of my eyes...

Saturday, November 17, 2007

barcamp bangalore (BCB5)- The Winter Edition - Day1

Its day one at BarCamp - the fifth edition....I enter the registration area with my husband Kannan(who never registers online!!) and find some cool logos and badges..I decide to sport "I am barcamped!", "Barcamp 5 Chilled Out!", "Mobile Collective" and ofcourse "I am speaking!".

Attended some interesting sessions.. The first session I attended was in room L12. The session was given by 2 guys from Headstart, an initiative floated this year in June, primarily to help startups. Instead of approaching VC's, the startup company can approach this group which comprises of review panelists from different companies and different domains..

The second session in this room was given by yours truly ;-).. I talked about the importance of webvideo and gave a live demo on my mobile. Big thanks to Bhuvan(Nokia), Navjot(Opera, GuruGeeks), and Ashwin(he sports a badge with title Cruise Maniac) for helping me out with setup for the presentation and for all the participants for the lively discussion.

Navjot gave a presentation on GuruGeeks.inspired by the spirit of barcamp, he wants to create a developer community..He says his website will be up and running by Monday and also demonstrates a stubborn resolve to do whatever it takes to get GuruGeeks up and going.. I am tracking GuruGeeks

Rene. an East German gave a presentation on how broadband can be shared between neighbours through wireless mesh..

Evening was total fun... At D5, beds and mats were spread for the collective "Generic girls, generic boys" - started off by Nishant!!!. It was essentially abt the myths each gender had on each other..my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this session.. An interesting fact was that there were around 40 guys and 3-4 girls!!! Talk of gender equality!!!

Its past 6pm, we are abt to leave..but again we hit an interesting discussion near the registration area.. Nishant from Goldman Sachs' trading arm had some extremely interesting anecdotes on some company HR policies.....extremely interesting views...those who were there know what I mean ;-) - Shourya, Swaminathan, Vibhash!!!!
Nishant- have a great time ahead

Snaps(slide show) of day1 here.......








Flash Slideshow


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home