Lateral and Parallel thinking in Raji's blog

The wonderful world infront of my eyes...

Friday, November 17, 2006

Vission.....Version problemo..

My job @ Nokia means different things to different people...

#1:

It was my first day @Nokia... Took an auto n' told him to go to Nokia office @ Basawangudi...I am not good in remembering routes ... When I reached Basawangudi, I told him "Solpa slow hogi guru...". Within seconds he told me Nokia is here n' asked me to get down.. I was wondering if there were 2 offices... I look at the board and it said "Nokia Priority Dealer" ... I patiently told him this is not the Nokia I want to go ... solpa mundara hogi.. The driver was damn confident and said this is the only Nokia in that road... Few meters away, as we arrived at the destination, I showed him a small board inside which read "Nokia India Pvt. Ltd." and told him its Nokia's Bangalore research center... I don't think he understood ...

#2:

This incident is after some months... It was a quite afternoon.. Only 50 employees at that time... Myself along with my friends were returning from our "after lunch walk"... To our surprise we found 3 guys walking towards us ... One of them addressed me and told in Kannada.. "Madam I have so and so problem with my cell phone .. we want it repaired quickly...." .. I was stumped..My friends behind had a good time.....I told them this was not Nokia sevice center, but nevertheless had a look at the phone and the problem...

After this, I have had numerous people expecting me to solve their handset problems...right from my next door aunty..

#3:

I am having lunch with my friend ... her friend who works in a different field joins us .. In the midst of our discussion on ads and Nokia's success story in India, he tells me "Oh u work for Nokia.. I am highly disappointed... The ad on Nokia 6600 downplays tataindicomm's ad by saying "Mobile is not just for talking" ... I didn't expect this from Nokia... U should do something about this..." Tata's ad says "Mobile is only for talking" ...Again I am stumped.. I told him I was not in Marketing division.. since my friend is a mba grad may be he thought I was in marketing... He didn't leave it there... he told me to send him the contact of Nokia India marketing head...


Maybe I should try my hand sales and marketing too:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home